Thursday, September 1, 2011

Being in a relationship like that is a little bit like being smothered with a pillow. Now I haven’t concocted the ideal man, and I don’t plan too. But there are certain traits that I do look out for in terms of the opposite sex. There has to be a distinct separation between my space and his, “Me Time” and “Us Time” or my views/opinions/desires and his. I don’t like when a man lacks the ability to express his own opinions, especially if it conflicts with those around him. If he seems wishy-washy, following the loudest voice in a crowd and doesn’t seem to know how to say “no,” that’s an immediate turn off.

Now I do like men who are assertive; who can share his opinions openly, stand up for himself and his beliefs, and has clearly defined boundaries.

A man who is self-reliant, that knows the right woman is a valuable asset to his happiness, but he doesn’t need one to feel good about himself or to give him a purpose. He is confident in who he is. He understands that disappointments are natural and he doesn’t allow it to diminish his confidence and or values.

credits: tellytothe.tumblr.com

This is from her blog and this is exactly how i feel as well. I want a man who isn't afraid to disagree or start arguments with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment